Today we worked on organizing the knowledge and started ideation on the possible ways in which kids can learn Braille.
The games have broadly categorized the games into 4 distinct categories.
- Cognitive Toys: Toys that stimulate thinking and problem-solving are cognitive toys.
- Physical Toys: Toys that help in developing the gross and fine motor skills are physical toys.
- Sensory Toys: Toys that stimulate the senses of hearing, smell, touch, sight, and taste are sensory toys.
- Social Toys: Toys that help children to develop social skills and understand emotions are social toys.
The various kinds of toys/facilities we saw were :
- Motor skills:Delay in learning to crawl or walk
- Sensory development: Fear of new experience e.g. sound, texture,difficulty in developing body awareness
- Communication and social skill: difficulty in learning facial expressions and body postures
- Self-help skills: additional help needed as they can not observe and copy e.g. tying lace