MY HOLY GRAIL
Is to develop a Universal Computer User Interface for Desktops, Tablets and Smartphones:
- It must be FASTER TO LEARN, and EASIER TO USE, than ANY other UI;
- It must empower Users, giving them more power, and better control, over their computers;
- It must respect the User's valuable time, and enhance their dignity and well-being;
- It must be Software Only, Cross Platform, Hardware Independent, and free of all Hardware Constraints;
- It must be freely available to all developers and manufacturers, without any licensing restrictions;
- It must transition from the single page 10% Discount Voucher into mass production on a zero budget.
I cannot achieve this on my own. If you are inspired by the quest for this Holy Grail, please help me!
Hello Fellow Hackers and Makers,
I would like to present my Simply Obvious User Interface, SOUI (pronounced SoWe) in the 12 pages of accompanying documentation.
SOUI is the fruits of 40 years of my Computer UI development, much of it spent at CERN.
SOUI consists of:
- MenuIndex with Limitations for all Desktops and Smartphones;
- Full Screen Progress Indicators for all Desktops and Smartphones;
- EZsmartphone Spec;
- EZsmartphone Sliding Menus;
- EZsmartphone 10% Discount Voucher (pdf) or (png).
Pages (see Files)
- An Overview of the 11 other pages.
- The Mess created by Apple Programmers In 1981.
- The Mess created by WordPerfect Programmers In 1990.
- Screen Cancer Created by Pull-down Menus (Mice Mazes).
- The Widget Cancer Ribbon. The bigger screen allows the Cancer to multiply!
- How "MenuIndex with Limitations" enhances the User Experience and how User Productivity is Crippled by: Was this information helpful?
- An Apple UI Intuition Test.
- Now that Microsoft has chained you to their screen, what will you do?
- Features of the EZsmartphone. The concept has spawned my Unbrickable Smartphone and Re-purposing Smartphones projects. VULNERABILITIES ARE CURRENTLY HUSHED UP AND BUILT INTO the Firmware of Android Smartphones!
- The Future UI of Computers and Smartphones.
- Sliding Menus quadruples the EZsmartphone screen size.
- The EZsmartphone 10% Discount Voucher (pdf) or (png). If we can get this single page to go Viral, then we will have altered the future of Smartphone and Desktop User Interfaces for the better, for all Users.
I am honoured, and priviliged, to present this initiative to such a prestigeous forum as Hackaday, oozing with so much talent, ingenuity, and creativity.
I hope my invitation to everyone in this forum, to co-create the EZsmartphone, the NextGen smartphone, will spark your approval, your support, and your very valuable and welcome contributions.
A shining example of "little" people saying to Giant Corporations: