The goal here was to capture images intermittently and reduce power consumption. The following stats are all for a headless, HDMI disabled, RPi Zero W connected via SSH on Wifi. This is using a Purethermal 2 board and a Lepton 3.5 Here are the results:
- 0.098 A - Idle and purethermal2 is unplugged
- 0.175 A - Idle, now the purethermal2 is plugged in
- 0.340 A - There is always a brief spike when the shutter operates
- 0.250- 0.300 A- When running script that streams constantly from camera
- 0.185A for 9 seconds, 0.240A for less than 1 second @ when running script that takes output every 10 seconds
Using exactly the same setup and a Lepton 2.5, the results are almost exactly the same, except it seems like the peak current is a little less ( ~0.23A) and duration of the higher current for running is also less.