Whew, so ... Finally.
Before I start rambling on about stuff, I'd like to share a proper video demonstrating a handful of features that are now fully functional and supported in the Lasertag code <3
This means that my system is fully functional and useable for games, with everything you'd need to set it up:
- Team selection before the game
- Gun reloading and switching during the game
- Configurable parameters like damage, life regeneration, revival, team damage etc.
- Beacons to allow for King Of The Hill gamemodes, as well as Capture The Flag with a bit of trickery.
- Stats tracking of Kills, Deaths, Damage done and received and self-healing done.
- Registering and starting of different games via MQTT, meaning a headless server is also doable now.
- A slightly crude but still useable Webinterface (that I'll polish uh ... Eventually >.>)
And I also spent all the time needed to build and wire up four of these sets all by myself, which was fun, but also a surprising amount of work.
As of this time, I've completed my list of issues and ideas I wanted to implement, have successfully avoided feature-creep and am a bit out of breath :P
This means I can finally put this project's development back on pause for a well deserved break while I focus on Uni.
Trust me, this is not the end, and you will see more progress on the webinterface and some general polishing all around once I feel like it again - but for now I am really more than happy with the system, and it's time to enjoy the fruits of my labour by inviting my friends over for a round or two <3