One of our focal points for the development of Hector 9000 is, to make it as easy as possible to replicate the machine. Thus we
- used of the shelf & easy to source electronic components
- made the mechanical hardware parts mainly by FDM printing (without support)
- host the software on GitHub
- try to make a good documentation
We also made most of the functional parts independent from the structural parts to give a high degree of freedom for an individual case/cabinet design.
During the work on Hector 9000 we had a lot of ideas for additional features and improvements. Here are some of them:
- Ice dispensing unit
- Cocktail Umbrella dispensing unit
- Dispenser for sugar
- GUI based on Qt
- Statistic functions (Best Drink of the Day, ...)
- AI to create new Coctail recipes
Hi, I would like to build a Hector 9000 version with a larger hose diameter. I am thinking of 6 or 8mm. For this I would redesign the servo module and possibly construct the servo horn with 2 ball bearings to close the hoses. Has anyone already considered a larger hose diameter? Do you see a problem that I may have overlooked?