12/19/2018 at 23:05 •
Wednesday (20th December 2018)
Finishing up the detailing and the leftover on the code / the props.
Mainly solving the lights issues on the coding part and waiting for the 3D printing to process out the inner transparent cube.
12/19/2018 at 22:56 •
Wednesday (12th December 2018)
- We couldn't manage to rush out the project's submission due to the capability of the 3D printer and the malfunction of our code.
We have struggled on the code and the lights due to the voltage of our LED lights are too high and it caused the LED light burnt. We have make quite a lot of unexpected mistake because we lack of experience on doing installation.
12/19/2018 at 22:42 •
Thursday (6th December 2018)
- Working on the base after we get some feedback on the user test which some of the user have commented that the base are not stable enough to hold the project.
- We had used two kind of wood to work on the base but had struggle on the choices of the wood's thickness which is between 3mm and 6mm. We have decided to use the 6mm wood because it's more thick and have a better stability compared to the 3mm's.
- We used Live Hinger for the base pattern to make it curve-able and more stable, but we had also struggled on spending quite an amount on the wood and keep refining on it.
12/19/2018 at 22:17 •
Thursday (29th November 2018)
- Beta Test
- We get around 10 person to do Beta Test for our project, including lecturers and students.Introducing our project to them and we actually received a lot of feed back to help us improve our project.
- We supposed to be done 80% - 90% , but we only managed to done 1/8 due to all the mistakes and technical problem that we are facing.
1. What do you think of the design of our project?
- It is quite unstable and quite fragile.
- The looks of it is fine but it should be more solid.
- Looks quite cool with lights effects on.
- It looks quite interesting but looks too soft.
- It look fragile.
2. At the first glance do you know how to interact with it?
- Not really I thought that i can touch the words part too.
- Don’t know, maybe a instructions would be good.
- It didn’t really attract me to touch it at first.
- If there are some striking lights i might go and touch it.
- I know it’s interact by touching it after you told me.
3. What do you think of the concept? (Crossword puzzle)
- Nowadays young people don’t really play crossword puzzle right?
- I quite like the concept, it’s fresh for me.
- Cool wei the idea of this.
- The idea itself is fine but why in this shape?
- This idea I think work quite well actually.
4. Does this convey the message of United is Power?
- I think it can work after you explain the idea to me.
- Oh it’s about Unity? Didn’t know that.
- If this have a rational then it would be clear.
5. How can we improve our project?
- Make your project more solid, now it’s too soft.
- Maybe give it a instructions for users.
- Why don’t you make it spin? So it looks more cool. x3
- Rational is very important for this project.
**Some improvements that we gonna change.**
- Stick in all the missing parts, and make it more solid.
- Create a base to hide the arduino.
- Create a light effects when it is in idle mode.
- Creating a instruction. ( Maybe )
12/19/2018 at 19:47 •
Thursday(15th-23rd November 2018)
- Production weeks
- Spending every single day dealing with 3d printer, focusing on the handcrafting part. try to get the huge amount of 3d model at the end of the day,
- Using multiple machine in crafting. e.g. 3D printer, laser cut machine..
- Had been trying few types of glue to stick all parts together, at the end realised using hot glue is the most efficient way.
- Discovering the way of using touch sensor ,spending time done research on the coding language, figure how to use the number to control the lights.
- Been facing a lot of struggle in first time using soldering and using Arduino to control the physical object.
12/19/2018 at 19:03 •
Thursday (8th November 2018)
- Alpha Test
- Working on the mechanism, testing out the control of the lights, certain lights light up when touch sensor is being touched.
- Combining all the parts together to make sure the structure is solid enough.
- Been through some failure when doing 3d printing because of the setting problem.
12/19/2018 at 18:43 •
Thursday (1st November 2018)
- Refining design.
- More Prototyping ,improving the mechanism and interacting part.
- Realised that the materials is not transparent enough to let the lights actually shine through. And also the 3d printing will takes up a lot of time during the whole project.
- Decided to use tinted acrylic board instead of full black acrylic board to cover the front part of the installation.
- Did some attempts of the measurement of different parts to make sure it fit.
- Testing with the structure of the installation to see is it workable.
12/19/2018 at 18:37 •
Thursday (25th October 2018)
- Had a discussion with lecturer to refine the structure of the installation.
- Decided the content of the installation.
- Finalised design
- Material sourcing and testing.
12/19/2018 at 18:20 •
Monday (15th October 2018)
- Had a group discussion to solidify our ideas
- Done deeper research about Kuala Lumpur and the looking for insights and impact.
- Came out with the idea "Illumi-Nite".
Wednesday (17th October 2018)
- Discussion about the structure of the installation, flowchart for user experience, finalise the design and ready for prototype.
- Decided the materials that going to use in the project.
- Research about the price of material in different platform.
Thursday (18th October 2018)
- Had a discussion with lecturer to refine the structure of the installation, realised that the idea was not yet solid.
- Decided the content of the installation.
- Finalised design
- People of KL are lacking the need of interactions even when they are so close.
- The technology actually makes people far apart.
- Creating a installation for users to experience how more people can actually make a changes and also make users have a sense of connection.
- People with less sense of belonging.
- Age around 15 -30
- Remind everyone that you are important to the society too.
- Encourage people to interact with others.
- Even a minor interaction can deepened the connection between people also.
10/18/2018 at 04:15 •
Wednesday (18th October 2018)
- Had a group discussion to solidify our ideas.
- Think of another idea.
- In the end of it got 1 brand new ideas.
- Came out with ideas called "Glare the night" and "Tune Memoir"
- For Tune Memoir we improved the inner idea and try to implement our insight into our idea.
- And for Glare The Night we thought of a idea about representing people as a piece of important piece of Kuala Lumpur, and try to combine our insights to our idea as well.