Since we haven't finish the prototype for our alpha test, we meet again in class at 4/11/2018.
We continue making our prototype and coding. My partner ShuLin did the coding part and I did design and putting things together part. We think again what actual material we need to prepare for our project and what kind of machine we needed to use for the builds.
We decide to use:
- 3D Printing for buildings and landmark.
- If we can't manage to do the 3D models, our back up plan is using laser cutting wood and build the buildings.
- A lot of wood panels for the base to stick together for CNC Milling.
- CNC Milling Machine for the maze road and landmark's ground height.
- Get more code(able) LED strips for the buildings.
- Speakers for audio playing. (Not confirmed yet)
At the end of the day, we did manage to buy a pack of 100 stainless steel balls online with size of 8 mm. So problem solved for that.
7/11/2018, we went into class and put everything together and finish up all the builds we need for alpha test. We end up getting some problem that we need to think again.
Problem as below:
- Controls of the maze need to be improve or change.
- Wiring and installing the LEDs into the base is a bit hard and troublesome.
- Size of the main focus buildings and other buildings/landscape surrounding in the maze.
- Coding for the audio haven't been done, we might take it down.
- The trail for the steel ball to move in to toggle the effect, is not really working on the cardboard prototype. Need to make sure the steel ball can move in and also out smoothly.
- The placement of the sensor for the LEDs need to think of a way to make it into the wood and place it nicely beside the trails.
After alpha test, we are not really satisfied by that since we got a lot of problems.