VIRTUAL TIME TRAVEL or VTM
TRUE STORY: Professor Ronald L. Mallett received his B.S., M.S. and Ph.D. in physics from the Pennsylvania State University. He worked for United Technologies from 1973-5, and in 1975 joined the physics faculty at the University of Connecticut in Storrs CT where he is currently Research Professor and Physics Professor Emeritus. Professor. Mallett has published numerous papers on black holes and cosmology in professional journals. His breakthrough research on time travel has been featured extensively in the media around the world, including print media such as New Scientist, the Village Voice, the Boston Globe, Rolling Stone magazine and The Wall Street Journal, and broadcast media such as NPR’s This American Life, the History Channel, the National Geographic Channel, the Science Channel, ABC’s Good Morning America and NBC’s Today Show.
He said: "It took me many years, but I finally proved through some complex mathematics that yes, circulating light could, in theory, create a space-time loop. I showed that a string of subatomic particles, or neutrons, could be arranged so that some point “up” while others point “down”, representing zeroes and ones. These zeroes and ones could then encode a binary message which could be sent into the past or the future.
Now, this doesn’t mean that a time machine will be realized soon. I’m the theoretical guy. The experimental physicists will have to take on the daunting – and very expensive – role of testing my theory. This year we celebrate the 100th anniversary of Einstein’s Theory of Relativity. So although I don’t expect time travel to be a reality in my lifetime, I do consider my part in this process a fitting tribute to Einstein and a loving tribute to my father."
BUT WHY WAIT FOR DR. MALLETT WHEN YOU HAVE THE VTM?
The Virtual Time Machine (VTM)
Here's the theory or business model suggestion:
- A wealthy client or business (The Original Client or OC) reserves a VTM theme park-like event 2-4 weeks in advance.
- They choose what times in history they want to virtually time travel to (within reason of course).
- They pay a premium price for a ticket. They stay at home, office, or visit the Time Travel Lab and don a Internet connected OCULUS RIFT or similar device. They do not know where the theme-park location set is. They are just told it is a time travel event. Of course the OC knows that's just actors staying in character at a theme-park-like environment.
- Temporary local theme professional actors are hired from central casting, props setup, theme costumes rented, location rented, scripts prepared, movie director hired , and rehearsals done. TPTech (Tele-Prescense Technician) is hired and sent to the location set site with specific instructions on his movements and interactions throughout the set. Takes no instructions from client only the director. He does walk-through of re-enacted historical event for the OC (Original Client). Special effects are easier via OCULUS RIFT. Sound effects and other amazing effects possible that are not possible if OC is actually there.
- TPTech is attached LIVE to CLIENT via Google Glass and a OCULUS RIFT. OC can only talk to director not TPTech.
- Client is not told the itinerary or script but can request different aspects of scene and director can decide tactically what to change. All actors have earpieces connected to the director. He tells them to do adlib (i.e. unrehearsed) for client.
- TPTech is essentially the actual time traveler for the Client. He interacts with set actors. A scene is set up where the client watches TPTech get in a fake TIME MACHINE with all sorts of special effects.
Other clients can view via off screen TV or PC monitors at a cheaper rate but can not choose time in history. They can hear Client talking to director too. Original Clients can reserve scenes from their own past with look-alike actor characters and actual events...Read more »