There are not a lot of boards out there using Micronucleus, but Digispark is one of those boards. I created a custom board within the hardware specifications of the Digispark boards were I added a ATtiny84a running at 8 MHz. Unfortunately the core kept compiling at 16 MHz, resulting in the delay being too slow and the SPI not working.
I moved on with the ATTiny Core from SpenceKonde, but there was no Micronucleus support for that, only AVRDUDE. I found a compromise where I can use the ATtiny core and the upload tool Micronucleus from Digispark. Unfortunately with Digispark installed LTO can no longer be used. Something I have to solve in the next couple of days.
I am using the Adafruit DotStar library and made some minor changes to add the ATtiny84 to have it compiled correctly. I made a basic program where I update the LED's on each leg individually. The program uses about 65% of the flash memory (randomSeed actually took quite memory), and there should be plenty left to create some great patterns.
Here is a video of the programming and the rainbow pattern: