Things to buy
- [x] Certified CO2 Laser Safety Glasses. I've just ordered this one.
- [x] 5 Gallon plastic bucket with lid for the water to cool the laser
- [x] 10 Liters (2.7 Gallons) Distilled Water.
- [x] 15mL (one tablespoon) bleach per 10L water to prevent algae.
- [ ] Smoke Assist: small fan to blow smoke away from lens and mirrors
- [x] Air Assist: Air pump with tube and mount to keep cut area clean of smoke and debris. I'm currently using this Harbor Freight Airbrush Compressor.
- [x] Optional: Buy better exhaust fan, duct tape to seal, duct adapter. I'm currently using this inline duct fan in addition to the built-in exhaust fan
- [x] Optional: Aluminum duct to replace the included flimsy plastic duct.
- [x] Optional: Dedicated fire extinguisher by the laser cutter
- [ ] Build an Adjustable Bed, or use Window Screen Kit (too flimsy?)
Things to 3D print
- [x] Air Assist Nozzle by 2RobotGuy, another Air Assist
- [ ] Cable Chain by DAcreates. I end up using the coiled cable that comes with the airbrush pump instead.
- [ ] 3D print: Smoke and Air Assist mount(s), Chain for air assist tube
- Learn a vector drawing program such as InkScape, this is what we will use to create or adjust what we would engrave or cut on the laser cutter.
- Hangout with other laser fans online: facebook, reddit