Once the design of a product is complete the hard work begins. The principle of operation and basic functionality remain the same but new constraints must be considered on the availability and price of parts, ease of manufacture, tooling for lower costs and so on. These constraints make the difference between an idea and a product that can be made and sold. Hence the Unruly Rev2:
- New amplifier chain chipset - lower price but similar performance.
- Started adding test points for production.
- Get quotes for tooling optical carrier component.
- Get commitment from a manufacturer.
- Get commitment from a distributer or two.
The boards have shipped and should be here by Tuesday, 19 Feb 2019.