After my last log I fixed most of the bugs like the majority of the flickering and the switching between modes.
This is by no means is the final product, I put the components on a perfboard in order to accurately test the performance of the circuit since the breadboard was introducing a lot of noise.
Things to Improve / Fix for Perfboard:
- Need to include potentiometers with knobs for easy turning
- Need to include bigger buttons as well
- A proper port for 12V should also be added
Things to Improve / Fix for LED strip:
- Add RGB to HSV conversion for colours
- This is will fix the blinking that occasionally occurs when scrolling through colours
- When the white LED strip is at full brightness, it does not turn off when night mode button pressed.
- Later found out that is was a floating terminal (gate) issue. Will need to review schematic to ensure there are no other floating terminals.
- The red colour in night mode is too bright thus defeating its purpose. Need to lower brightness
- Apparently the colour green is also used for night and allows for more colour differentiation compared to red, therefore may use a dimmer green for night mode.