In this step-by-step tutorial, you will:
- connect a Wii balance board to a Raspberry Pi through bluetooth
- run a Python script that measures your weight when you step on the balance board
- use a Raspberry Pi to stream your weight to a cloud service (Initial State)
- setup a SMS notification every time you weigh yourself
- build a weight-tracking dashboard you can access in your web browser
When I used a wii board as a bee hive scale, I avoided the need for permanently connecting to bluetooth by using a relay to simulate pressing the red button. It worked very reliably.