Hello - and welcome to our 10th project log! Things have been happening, the short version of which is:
- we've set up our Tindie store, so now you can get uECG pre-ordered there!
- our crowdfunding campaign is over, and we raised enough to find out people are interested in uECG;
- we're going to Rome for MakerFaire, October 18-20, and will bring uECG and a couple of new projects;
- Make:Magazine did a Maker Spotlight on us - here;
- our website is back, and looking better;
- and last, but not least, we (suddenly for us) made it into Hackaday Prize finals! Being busy with our Indiegogo campaign in July, and grappling with Indiegogo bureaucracy through August, we kind of completely forgot about Hackaday - until yesterday, when an email arrived, saying that we're one of the 20 finalists for the Hackaday Prize! This was on top of a wave of activity we had in the last few days, so it's probably time for a short recap of what's happened.
First of all, though, we've decided to set up an online store at Tindie. The store looks a bit raw, but if you want to get your uECG from us, hit this link and it will take you to the product page :)
Second of all, our Indiegogo campaign concluded in July, raising $2031 over the month - our minimum goal was just $600. The campaign has been in inDemand since August, so we've actually raised a bit more money since then, and will use it to produce and ship more devices than originally intended.
Sadly, Indiegogo hasn't exactly been forthcoming: it took us several weeks to get our identity verified, and we've yet to get the funds we raised because of some problem or other. That's why we've been exploring other options to get our devices out there, while also getting ready for production - that's a new one, and we're actually looking forward to it.
Third, we'll be at MakerFaire Rome this October! If you're in the area, come find us at Fiera di Roma from Oct. 18 to 20 :) Rome is a very big event for us, the biggest one in Europe, and we're getting ready for it. We'll be bringing uECG, of course - it's the star of the show. But we also have a few projects in progress that we'll bring as well.
Also, the MakerFaire Rome team got us in touch with Make:Magazine for their Maker Spotlight feature - the interview went out just yesterday, and you can check it out here - we talk about what drives us, what our future goals are and what we believe in.
Fourth, with all the commotion, we finally got to sorting our website out! Now it runs on Ghost and is still under construction, but with the old website in limbo for so long, that in itself is a fascinating project.
And last, but not least, the Hackaday Prize - we're honored to have made it into the finals, and we're grateful for the opportunity to participate. Honestly, we never expected that we'd make it.
To everyone who's liked and followed our project: thank you!