Robot is heavy (almost 10 kilo). So I gave it a carry handle. I also make it longer. You can see covers for the computer (on top) and for the video system (front). What kind of video I'm going to use I'ms still not sure but the design is supposed to accommodate different sizes by just re-designing the covers.
I finally assembled the thing and it all works fine.
I have started working on motion control system. Long-term I want an intelligent self-learning software similar to how living creatures learn to walk. But first I wanted a dumb software that is capable of basic movements, such as get up, sit down, walk. Even this turns out to be harder than I expected.
I believe most robots out there are based on servo motors that can be instructed to hold a given angle. My motors kind of do not. I designed this thing from the very beginning to be soft and dynamic, like living creatures are. Cool long term, not so cool for cutting corners. Also it only runs at half of the voltage. Given capable software it would still be able to stand up and walk, but no half-voltage is no good for cutting corners either :)
Anyway, I need to implement at least simple movements in order to seriously present this concept for investment/collaboration purposes.
Stay tuned for better movements and body V2.0.
My new printer did not live up to expectations so I had to use the old one.
Here is a couple photos that will give you an idea.
As you know I'm making my custom motors for this and there are still problems with the small one, so there will be some delay.
I'm hoping however to install the mainboard and test sending commands, hopefully in my next update there will be some movement :)
Despite some delays here is some progress. This already gives me and you a feeling of what the beast would look like.
I have started printing parts but I don't have much to show yet. Just this.
I have bought DLP printer by the way, but have not unboxed it yet. My hope is that it will make things move much faster. This big part you see below printed on classic extrusion printer took me something like 3 days!