The machine is operational.
I’m running tests over the next two weeks to find where the machine wears first. Twice already I found a part that needed an extra set screw to keep it locked tight.
Meanwhile Jin is making good progress improving the gearboxes to be better than ever. They’re quieter, stronger, more durable, and less prone to slop.
I wanted to avoid all the BS that happens when a rotation goes from 359 to 0 or vice versa, so all the joints in the machine are set to start at angle 180 and never allowed to turn more than 175 degrees. The cost is that some moves you or I find intuitive have become stupidly hard for the arm. They can still be done but it takes finesse.
I even picked up new t shirts with the company logo and people seem to want one, so I’ll be listing them real soon.
Also ahead now that the design changes are slowing down I’m going to put up an order form for the non-printed parts and an order form for the unassembled kit (including printed bits).