ESPboy is science, technology, engineering, and mathematics [STEM] learning platform which encourage and enhance creativity, imagination, and ingenuity through project-based learning.
Gamebuino/makerbuino/gamebuino-meta compatibility is in plans.
With sensors and actuators attached to the extension header onboard ESPboy will transform it into: Meteo station, FM radio, mobile-phone, smartwatch, RGB led matrix driver, laser ruler, robot pilot driver, drone flight controller, smart house manager, thermovision camera, thunder forecaster, radiation meter, heart rate meter, navigator, GPS tracker... and everything you can imagine.
ESPboy has WiFi onboard to:
- Make your own firmware in a few minutes online with WiFI-IoT.com and then upload it directly through WiFi. No wires, no IDEs, no compilers.
- Download apps and retro games form the Web and play mass multiplayer old style games being online
- Surf the web with an old school browser
- Use messengers for communication - Twitter for example
- Connect ESPboy with your mobile phone: RemoteXY, Blynk
- Transmit IoT telemetry data to the cloud: Thingspeak, HiveMQ, CloudMQTT, NarodMon, MajorDoMo, ThingerIO, Google cloud IoT, dweet.io etc.
- Update firmware Over the air
- Transform ESPboy to the WiFi router/repeater, GPS tracker with distance control, WiFi online radio
- and much more...
- ESP8266 microcontroller (80/160Mhz 32bit Tensilica Xtensa CPU and 4/16mb RAM) on the WeMos D1 boards MINI or PRO
- WiFi connection for multiplayer, communications, online cloud services data transfer, telemetry transmission and “over the air” updates
- OLED 0,96'' 128х64 bw display or/and 1,44'' TFT 128х128 color display
- 8 buttons
- MCP23017 i2c driven gpio extender with 7+1 free pins on the extension slot
- MCP4725 i2c DAC
- RGB WS2812B smart led with data pin on the extension header for connection of any numbers of additional smart LED arrays
- High-quality transistor driven speaker or simple buzzer
- 20pin extension slot for sensors and actuators (DC, i2c, UART, SPI, analog A0 gpio, 8 gpios of MCP23017, LEDs line pin)
- GROVE sensors and NCD.IO sensors adapter or almost the same but a few times cheaper at Aliexpress.com
- 30х70х11mm size overall
- Battery keeping your ESPboy on the high run for about 8 hours (using sleep mode periodically waking up just to measure and send data, it can run for years without any recharging or forever...