ESPboy is science, technology, engineering, and mathematics [STEM] learning platform which encourage and enhance creativity, imagination, and ingenuity through project-based learning through reverse engineering.
ESPboy modules collection
Demo of Little Game Engine by Igor with games
Chip8/Superchip emulator demo
Retro game console with OLED demo with games from ESPERT
ESPboy modules or different sensors and actuators attached to the extension header will transform it into: Meteo station, FM radio, mobile-phone, smartwatch, RGB led matrix driver, laser ruler, robot pilot driver, drone flight controller, smart house manager, thermovision camera, thunder forecaster, radiation meter, heart rate meter, navigator, GPS tracker... and everything you can imagine.
ESPboy MeteoStation+ module and firmware made with wifi-iot.com online constructor
ESPboy portable FMradio module
ESPboy portable GPSnavigator module
ESPboy portable MeteoStation module
ESPboy has WiFi onboard to:
- Make your own firmware in a few minutes online with WiFI-IoT.com and then upload it directly through WiFi. No wires, no IDEs, no compilers.
- Download apps and retro games form the Web and play mass multiplayer old style games being online
- Surf the web with an old school browser
- Use messengers for communication - Twitter for example
- Connect ESPboy with your mobile phone: RemoteXY, Blynk
- Transmit IoT telemetry data to the cloud and make automation with Thingspeak, HiveMQ, CloudMQTT, NarodMon, MajorDoMo, ThingerIO, Google cloud IoT, dweet.io, Temboo, Xively, IFTTT online services.
- Update firmware Over the air
- Transform ESPboy to the WiFi router/repeater, GPS tracker with distance control, WiFi online radio
- and much more...
- ESP8266 microcontroller (80/160Mhz 32bit Tensilica Xtensa CPU and 4/16mb RAM) on the WeMos D1 boards MINI or old PRO
- WiFi connection for multiplayer, communications, online cloud services data transfer, telemetry transmission and “over the air” updates
- OLED 0,96'' 128х64 bw display or/and 1,44'' TFT 128х128 color display
- 8 buttons
- MCP23017 i2c driven gpio extender with 7+1 free pins on the extension slot
- MCP4725 i2c DAC to smooth drive TFT's LCD backlit
- RGB WS2812B Neopixel smartled with data pin on the extension header for connection of any numbers of additional Neopixel LED arrays
- High-quality transistor driven speaker or simple buzzer
- 20pin extension slot for sensors and actuators (DC, i2c, UART, SPI, analog A0 gpio, 8 gpios of MCP23017, LEDs line pin)
- GROVE sensors and NCD.IO sensors adapter or almost the same but a few times cheaper at Aliexpress.com
- 30х70х11mm size overall
- Battery keeping your ESPboy on the high run for about 8 hours (using sleep mode periodically waking up just to measure and send data, it can run for years without any recharging or forever with external power) and it's charged through a micro USB B port (like a regular phone. :)
- Arduino IDE compatible with almost all its libraries
- Online code development in Whitecatboard, Autodesk circuits, Arduino web editor, Arduino Blockly, codebender
- Online scheme and PCB development with fritzing and easyeda
- Visual programming...