Here we are!
This is the day we were all waiting for: we are offcially launching the FunKey S - the world's smallest foldable handheld console - on Kickstarter today!
You can check out the Kickstarter page here:https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/squonk/funkey-s-the-worlds-smallest-foldable-handheld-console
We started over from #Keymu - open source keychain-sized gaming console , keeping only its foldable design and tiny aspect. The whole interface has been rethought, as well as the buttons, the screen, and many other aspects. The FunKey S is a real handheld console, powerful and comfortable, small enough to fit on any keychain, and able to let its owner play thousands of retro games.
Over the last months we have been working very hard both on the hardware/software and on the communication level. Reviewed by some tech Youtubers, the FunKey S gained a great visibility, on social media as well. Kickstarter already added us to their “project we love” category and we expect the campaign to be a great success.
And of course, we commit to make the design fully Open Hardware and Open Source
Since its origins FunKey has proudly been Open Hardware and Open Software!
Many designs and tutorials are already online here on Hackaday and we commit to keep every aspect of the FunKey S open.
This means putting in public repositories on Github:
- all electronic design & production files
- all drivers, system scripts & OS-level source files
- all optimized launcher & emulator source files
- all 3D-printable STL files for the casing
Basically, you have the keys!
Our basic Kickstarter price is $69 and the discounted price for early birds is $59.
Don’t hesitate to write if you are interested and need any more info!
You can also have a look at our social media:
- Website link: https://www.funkey-project.com/
- Instagram account: https://www.instagram.com/funkey_project/
- Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/FunKeyProjectOfficial
- Twitter profile: https://twitter.com/FunKeyProject