Close

BLDC alpha-test!

A project log for linear actuations for everyone!

cheap artificial pseudo-muscles here

CapitanVeshdokiCapitanVeshdoki 03/14/2020 at 17:430 Comments

I fixed that board from previous update. I wasn't carefull enough and forgot to connect some nodes together, and though MOSFET drivers still die when I power everything with voltages greater than 10V (dV/dT problem?), under that everything works fine. So, I tested it out and it worked out. Hooray! : )

It turned out, that it's pretty complicated to measure maximum power output of a BLDC and it's similarly hard to measure certain effects by an oscilloscope as everything is very noisy. Inappropriately noisy! After a bit of confusion I utilized the fact that motor won't start being underpowered, then - compared modes with and without "advanced" retention

As you can see, it utilized power more effectively with retention. Can't say "how much" in numbers, yet it means that there is a room for further improvement at least! It's great that even first steps in that direction give some noticeable results. That means lesser heat irradiation and higher power density are possible

Discussions