The idea is to build something resembling the GPD MicroPC for roughly the same cost but with a better processor. To that end an i3-7100U on a mini pc motherboard (125x125mm) will be used as the starting point. A 1920x1200 7inch display will be used (I think these are used in VR headsets). Folding keyboard and a large battery will also be part of the design. The target OS will be Linux (probably Debian with Unity desktop environment) though Windows will also be possible because the i3 is an x86_64 processor.
05/07/2019 at 11:25 •
- Motherboard+Processor combo
- 480GB mSata SSD
- Intel mPCIE WLAN card
- pcb WLAN antenna
- 8GB 1886MHz DDR3L RAM
- 1920x1200 7" display with touch
- twice folding mini keyboard (generic item from random from china)
- laptop hinges from several brands
Things to do:
- start on 3d mockup
- design battery system
- design power system
- convert folding keyboard to USB
- setup linux installation
- select glass for screen bezel
Updates might be slow but any parts received or other progess will be posted here!
View project log
Enjoy this project?