This picture shows the design that I made for the first iteration. Some prior decisions were made before starting to sketch:
- Custom parts should be 3D printable at home; they should be as compact as possible, so 3D printing of the parts does not take days to make them.
- The LIPO battery will be also the handle of the vacuum cleaner. A 2 part bracket will keep it connected to the main body.
- The battery must be easily taken out of the system, if necessary, and must be rechargeable without taking it out.
- A standard servo tester will be used. It is normally contrlled by rotating a trimmer. A gear-based system will be designed to control it with one hand, pulling a trigger.
- Air intake system has to be modular.