This weekend most of the parts were finally put together:
- Holes and pegs for the grill
- Controller mounting
- Holes for the thermocouples
- Hole and mount for the fan
All fairly straightforward except for the fan hole. Of course there was no hole saw for steel on hand so we ended up drilling pilot holes along the outline of the main hole and then cutting out the left over steel with a multi tool.
Finally gave it a quick test, everything seems to be working just the wires for two of the thermocouples need to be extended.
As a coal basket, I found a fire basket, fire pit whatever thingy at the local dollar store.
If the weather holds up, coming weekend will be the first trial run.