10/21/2019 at 10:34 •
I decided to use a new battery in the project: C11P1325 (Asus Zenfone 6) with 3300mAh!
Some time ago my friend from Moscow started design of device case.
Some prerenders of assembled PCB model:
08/06/2019 at 23:11 •
Tonight I've done the linux loader util.
Step by step guide:
1. build kernel
use default config for stm32:
make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-none-eabi- stm32_defconfig
setup CONFIG_DRAM_BASE, CONFIG_DRAM_SIZE, CONFIG_XIP_PHYS_ADDR
make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-none-eabi- menuconfig
make -j ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-none-eabi-
preparing & compile correct DT
2. coping xipImage & *.dtb on SD card
3. run load command
Next step - build latest busybox and make rootfs.
08/02/2019 at 15:42 •
Last night I've done NAND ctrl util.
In Quartus 18.0 i generated empty project with simple top level:
07/15/2019 at 20:16 •
I promised, but I write late. Sorry guys.
3. dynamic memory allocator in SDRAM (for heap) - done
4. supporting FAT32 - done
5.1. fs utils: cat - done
And... Try to work with LTDC, but need to read the documentation before PCB tracing))
RM68120 works with 4 modes:
- 8 bit DBI (parallel 80 bus IF for pixel data and conf), CS/WR/RD/CD
- 16 bit DBI
- 24 bit DBI
- 24 bit DPI (RGB IF for pixel data and SPI for conf) PCLK/HSYNC/VSYNC/DE (can be configured in 16/18 color mode with gaps in connection on color bus: Page 72)
Mode configurating by h/w jumers IM0/IM1.
After some h/w upgrades:
LCD runned, but:no red color in picture! because DPI mode needs gaps in connection on color bus)
I am planning to use FPGA to fix it issue, but maybe some later (need to done FPGA NAND flasher at first).
And the worst - the frame rate is low (but maybe using of FPGA will fix it same)
At the end, latest console scr =)
Config of LTDC done.
Next step - trying to use FPGA to fix color issue. Coming soon =)
07/01/2019 at 15:59 •
Last week progress:
1. fix usb->uart based on cp2102 - done
2. simple VT100 console - done
5.2. utils for control i2c devices - done
3. dynamic memory allocator
4. supporting FAT32
5.1. fs utils: ls, cat, rm, du
06/25/2019 at 13:07 •
Bootloader must be written in internal STM32 flash memory. It is no OS bare metal program with simple utils for system control and execute main firmware in SDRAM (based on FreeRTOS or linux).
Implementation plan (July - August):
1. Fix issue with my china usb->uart based on cp2102 (need to re solder chip)
2. Develop VT100 terminal emulator for supporting utils executing (with direct calls main routines of application)
3. Develop compact dynamic memory allocator in SDRAM (maybe based on FreeRTOS model 4 allocator)
4. Adding support of my FAT32 FS driver (supporting only read operation)
4.b. Realization loader of binary files from SD card. Led blink test program.
5. Write utils for control:
5.1. FAT FS file system (ls, cat, rm, du)
5.2. i2c devices (read, write and search devices on i2c bus)
5.3. power controller (enable/disable phases, set up and check voltages)
5.4. boot nand of FPGA (write/read/verify operations)
5.5. frame buffer and LTDC module configuration (util must load BMP pictures from SD card and showing it on LCD)
6. Program booting NAND flash of ESP8266 (maybe need to re solder chip on PCB for connect it to NodeMCU devkit)
7. Write basic util for GSM modem control (init, get rssi/snr/status, make calls)
8. Write basic util for control of ESP8266 (init, connect to AP, show list of APs), be called as "wctl"
9. Upgrade FAT32 FS for supporting write operations (same add cp util)
10. Upgrade "wctl" for download files from FTP to SD card
11. ELF loader (September)