The project has been completely redesigned and programmed from scratch.
After an immense amount of work I am finally ready to share a new base on which to build and improve this project, everyting has been correctly structured in order to make it easier to work and understand.
- All previous functionalities have been restored and improved. With LoRaMessenger you can now communicate between two or more compatible devices, in broadcast or private mode between nodes.
- You can now chat between two devices even when there is no direct connection between the two devices. Each node acts as a relay, a routing feature has been implemented which is able to route messages in the shortest and best way to the destination node.
- Full code overhaul, easier future development.
- New custom LoRa protocol.
- Added the possibility to route messages, expanding the reach of the network.
- PlatformIO is now used to program boards, providing an easier experience with code, libraries and uploads.
- Option to change node name via web interface.
- List with all available nodes and further information such as signal strength, eventual routing information and last update.
- Option to send messages in broadcast or private mode.
- Per message received confirmation.
The code is now in a relatively stable and usable state, all functions should work without too many problems. The routing part still needs to be fully tested as I haven't yet had the chance to test it with more than 3 nodes.