To hook the oven up quickly I used this majorly dangerous setup. Going forward I will come up with something much safer, but I don't think I have enough bits lying around right now to do anything else.
With it working I ran my test program that I wrote over the weekend, and the first results look pretty promising!
This is the reflow profile I was aiming for as a test:
And this is what I got:
Not bad! The oven doesn't seem to be able to cool down too rapidly, but I think that's probably the best problem to have with a project like this. I was worried that the oven wouldn't be able to ramp up quite as fast as it does.
I can solve the cooling problem with a little fan and opening the door a little.
I've bought a SMD training board which comes with an assortment of SMD packages to practice with, will post some photos of how that goes.