Making great progress

A project log for BBQ Thermostat

A board-controlled temp probe and fan to maintain temperature during a long smoke or BBQ

ericeric 08/25/2019 at 20:400 Comments

After being stuck forever because I didn't realize the noise on the 5V line was causing me trouble, things seem to be going much more quickly now. I've now got the code setup to send data to my MQTT broker. I can see it in Home Assistant and in Python's Eclipse Paho client. Next step is calibration (I think I need roughly a +2C adjustment) and then a test from out in the smoker. At that point I'll know that everything up to the point of controlling the fan works.