My name is Zoltan Gomori (SUF). I recently joined the project to speed up the development.
I started to develop the new V4 version of our curve tracer. Here is what you can expect:
Now, I'd like to summarize a few design concept for the project.
I started to work from the 3rd version. As I see now, It can be called as the 4th version because it will have so much differences.
- Modular design. I want to be able to use the design either with internal display or with an oscilloscope
- Use one 32 bit MCU instead of the current two 8 bit AVR (most probably an STM32)
- Internal power supply
- Based on the Huntron Tracker 3200S specification - except the 128bit scanning interface
- Complettely elliminate mechanical relays (even the reed ones)
- Get rid of the most of the digital potentiometers - not really fits for the needs, using resistors and analog MOSFET switches instead
- Get rid of the discrete R-2R DAC using an MCU integrated instead
- Utilize MCU integrated ADC/DAC/DMA as much as I can
- Get rid of the trimpots as I can (probably need to keep it for some offset setting functions)
- Keeping the error of the equipment around 1% every place (it is not a high precision equipment. If we want to decrease the error significantly, it cause significant rise in the costs)
- Adding the pulse generator as an optional module. It was missing from the 3rd version
- Adding the lower current limiting resistor ranges (down to 10 ohms)
First of all, I made a block diagram of the equipment: