Jenny 5 robot is under active development.
During the development of the Jenny 5 robot I have observed several weaknesses that I plan to address in future iterations.
Some short term ideas (and their purpose) are listed below:
- Rotatable body -- Could reach farther objects without moving the base platform.
- Springs on upper arm-body articulation -- Will lift heavier weights.
- Two legs -- More stability and could climb stairs.
- Intelligent algorithm for grabbing a bottle -- More intelligence.
- Change speed for stepper motors during run -- Finer control of the arms.
- LiDAR on platform and head -- Better detection of obstacles.
- Visualizing the LiDAR on the client application -- Can send the robot far away and see what it sees.
- Visualizing the camera (real time video) on the client application -- Can send the robot far away and see what it sees.
- Arms electronics build around Arduino Mega -- Could attach more sensors to arms.
- Custom made PCBs for leg and platform -- Can have own software and can attach more sensors to them.
- Carbon fiber sheets -- To reduce the total weight of the robot.
- Body movable back and forward -- To make the robot more stable on inclined plane.
- Magnetic rotary sensors on leg -- To determine the exact position of leg.
- Magnetic rotary sensors on platform gears -- To determine the true speed of the platform.
- Gyroscope on platform -- To determine if the robot will fall.