The current prototype is portable and has the following features:
- left and right audio ports to enable the user to feel full stereo
- Enrich your experience by feeling the music in the way it was intended by the artist. Feel left audio on your left side, and right audio on your right side.
- tactile stimulation intensity control
- Intensity level is indicated by LED lights. Everyone has different levels of sensitivity-now you can choose your experience
- Bluetooth syncing capabilities
- Auxiliary in/ out ports also available if preferred. Audio output can be used with standard headphones or with an aux cord and speaker
- Standard USB battery re-charging port
What we want to add next:
-Phone app with custom conditioning capabilities. The user can choose if they want to focus on feeling certain frequencies.
-Ability to stream audio from live music venue. So far, our device works well for the individual listening to canned music. However, to impact more people and be inclusive, we want to outfit our device to perform in sync with live musicians.
What we have done so far:
We started building at our kitchen table, surrounded by clipped wires and electronic parts. To date, we have learned through 5 iterations of prototypes and have tested our product with around 500 users for user feedback. The first portable prototype fit perfectly in an Altoids box. We have improved our device with new features and different 3-D printed designs. We have learned a great deal through this process and are excited to included the final features needed to make our product user-ready!