Before starting the design, I was sure about a few things that I needed to incorporate within Alekya-
- The components used should be standard and locally sourceable.
- The machine should be modular for easy assembly.
- It should be scalable to adapt to the scale of a construction project.
- The electronics and software used must be inexpensive, open source and widely available.
With these thoughts I started to design my first prototype.
I started with the electronics first. No surprise here. The standard 3d printer electronics, but two sets of them as the machine is essentially a culmination of two robots coworking with each other.