The idea of this project is to create a waterproof, solar/usb powered gateway that can sense and control devices. A variety of open source sensors can be connected to it. And all can be programmed with JS running on top of C on a micro.
Sensors can be
- SDI-12 Weather sensors such as soil and environmental sensors
- I2C sensors such as temp/hum
- Serial sensors, such as a openMV
- RS485 sensors (through a serial to RS485 adaptor)
- 4-20mA sensors
In addition to wired sensors this gateway (will prob be called Pulse) can talk to
- WiFi sensors such as WiFi smart home devices
- BLE devices such as a smart scale
- LoRa devices such as a Pycno soil sensor
On the actuating side, Pulse can use its I2C and serial ports to actuate devices or talk to peripherals that have relays, mosfets and triacs. Because while gathering data is good, doing something about it is even better.
Measuring current with an OTII and trying different form factors