Close

1/6 - 1/12

A project log for Bot-thoven: A Robot Musician

Designing a Servo Motor Based Mallet System to Generate Musical Expression in Instrument Playing Robots

Jason P.Jason P. 01/16/2020 at 14:520 Comments

Plan

I will need to build more servo-mallet systems so that I can test my code with more keys (and therefore play more interesting musical passages).

Procedures

I used the 3D Printer to print additional copies of the stand.

Progress

I was able to print additional copies of the stand for the servo-mallet system using the 3D printer. An image is shown above depicting the additional stands which were printed. 

In addition, I was able to create additional servo-mallet systems so that I will be able to test my robot with passages consisting of more notes. An image is shown above depicting the additional servo-mallet systems created. I achieved my progress report goal which I set to accomplish by the end of January of “creating at least 15 servo-mallet systems.”

Problems

For next week, I will need to attach the servo-mallet systems I have created to the stands I have printed and connect it to the servo driver/Arduino to test if the servo-mallet systems function as intended. 

Discussions