09/30/2019 at 14:36 •
Looks like this could solve a lot of testing headaches. If it works on my Uno.
I might extend it so I can simply pass values via the serial interface.
09/30/2019 at 14:22 •
I had time recently to look at the Interrupt routines I want to use; got a couple of ATTiny examples working, one for timer and the other for a pin interrupt.
I will use sleep mode for the times between readings, but one of the relatively hight power modes that leave the PWM running. I might investigate using super low power mode for battery low conditions, in these modes even the PWM is off, but if the fan is running I need to limit sleep mode to one of the mid states.
09/18/2019 at 19:54 •
I now need to define the main control loop; and implement it.
- One reading every 30S and then decide how to set fan.
- Power Control
- Vmin->11.8V : Powersave mode; no activity, wake every 30s to take and process a voltage reading. Ignore button
- 11.8->12.6V : Low Power Mode(s); start running the fan; limit max speed. respect quiet/off overrides
- 12.6->Vmax : Full power mode. respect quiet/off overrides
- Fan Control
- Need to think about this
- User Control
- Average readings; discard outliers
- Testing will be tricky.. I'll need to 'fake it' somehow for the humidity/temp readings.
- I'd like to use interrupts and have the controller sleep between readings/decisions.