MJ-VESC Testing Video
1. What is MJ-VESC?
The MJ-VESC Project was launched to apply the VESC, which is commonly used in electric-skating board, to "the Robotics area".
The unique thing of MJ-VESC is stack-able design. The board form factor is Arduino Shield Type. So, it can be stacked on the Arduino.
- The hardware improvements from the existing VESC are as follows:
- In FOC control, we provide high torque control even at low speed.
- Position control is possible at Hall sensor commutation with AB encoder (without index).
- Hall & Encoder Hybrid Commutation for more precise position control.
- More accurate current control by changing shunt resistor from 0.5mohm to 2mohm.
- Improved CAN Communication Noise Filter using split terminal resistor and EMI filter.
- The software improvements from the existing VESC are as follows:
- High accuracy position control using "DPS speed control" (Degree Per Second).
- VESC - Arduino high speed communication using SPI communication.
- Debugging terminal using extra serial communication.
- MJ-VESC ver0.1 (Single Board)