Close

05.10.2019 - Majors changes on hardware

A project log for VT-01 - robotic project

a Versatile robotic platform for various tasks.

nj1337nj1337 10/05/2019 at 16:560 Comments

Hi !


While i'm coding the software part, i'm doing majors changes on the hardware part and on the 3D design. 

The thing is too small. the size is actually 28 x 35 cm, i'm planning a bigger size. 45 x60 cm at least. 

Today, i've redsigned the wheels. I've changed the design and the size. They are now 100mm from 65mm.

Second big change, i'm not using DC motors anymore. They are not precise and slow speed is too hard to control. So i buyed some Nema17 (5 in total), and i'm planning to use theme with a4498 driver. 

I Will use 4 battery 18650 (from 2) @ 2500mah for powering the 4 engines. battery can take 35A in a burst, i hope they can sustain the 4 Nema 17.

If someone have experienced this, lets me know =)

For the software part,  as you know, i'm using ubuntu on a RPi3. i've installed and apache2 and i will use python and JS as front languages for the remote control. The goal is to get something reactive with manuals controls. i'm thinking about using webSocket (local)with a Serial betwin Arduino Mega & Rpi. 

Thank you for following my garage project =)

Discussions