Here's some screenshots of some of the CAD I've been working on over the past month or two, while stuck inside because global viral pandemic.
Let's walk through a couple things in this image so you can get an idea of some of my plots and plans for when I can get back to working on Tenacity.
First we have these "sensor stalks". The one with the flat top is what's currently mounted on the rover. I'm playing with different angles on the top to incline a camera or LIDAR and give it a better view of the obstacles in front of it vs. seeing things at knee height and missing things underfoot. The one off to the left in the back is inclined 15 degrees. The one in the front is tilted 10 degrees.
As much as I've tried to keep the cable plant under control with twisting and flex-wrapping the cable bundles, velcro-ing and routing them along the corners, it's becoming obvious that I'm going to need to add an additional "equipment deck" above the top of the body box. The original impetus behind this was to have a place to mount a Jetson TX1, but the more I worked out what the compute and vision-processing system would look like, the more I realized I just plain needed more space.
So here's a quick sketch of what that might look, modeled in a mix of OnShape and OpenSCAD.
The bracket is slotted for a length of 1515 to be inserted to support the weight of the additional hardware mounted up top.
Finally, we come to this bracket here, which has been showing up in most of the images here and should be recognizable by most Sawppy Builders as the bottom part of the differential holder. When I was building my Sawppy last summer, I became rather captivated and inspired by this particular piece. I really liked how it fit into the upper part of the differential and how it clamped onto the crossbar. So I "repaired" the holes in Onshape to make it a universal mounting bracket.
I'll upload these to my GitHub fork of Roger's Sawppy repo in case anybody finds them useful.