12/02/2019 at 20:32 •
After hacking a ^0 to try out an idea for the alternate power input and some hacks to fix other bugs, I did a re-spin of the board. The new revision would also make the manager responsible for enable/disable of power to the SBC, and alternat power. The analog measurements of both alternat and primary power voltage and current are also now in the manager's domain. With luck, the application will not need to concern itself with things like battery charging. The SelfTest got a few changes, but not much, unfortunately, I found another hardware bug that I thought was software, so another spin ^2 is needed.
12/02/2019 at 20:02 •
I was trying to get an outfit I know interested in this board, but that did not happen. I combined my RPUpi shield and an ATmega324pb for the application program. The combination worked, but I had a few hardware bugs to sort out, so another revision was needed. For this board, I started software development with the SelfTest first to help find the problems. I suspect it speeds up hardware development. I only worked on the library (core) parts that were part of testing.