Displayed image By David REVOY - http://durian.blender.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/sintel-wallpaper-dragon.jpg, CC BY 3.0, Link
KiCad-Project, Gerber files and firmware can be found on github: https://github.com/vroland/ed097oc4-breakout.
- 4bpp (16 color) output in ~2 seconds (at 1200x825 resolution)
- Simple, 2 layer PCB with all components on front
- Broken out I2C and sensor pins
Thanks to the work of some awesome people, the hard stuff was already done:
- #PaperBack: A Desktop EPaper Monitor is a great project using the ED060SC4, 6" screen. Though for a much smaller display (see comparison in the gallery), I could re-use the power supply scheme by @PK.3.
- #NekoCal - an E-Ink Calendar uses the same 6" display as PaperBack. Their color rendering method proved to work very well for this project. Additionally, the project as a great writeup on how to do it!
- http://essentialscrap.com/eink/waveforms.html One of the earliest ePaper hacks out there? Has great descriptions on how to drive these displays in general.