01/23/2020 at 19:04 •
@Kevin Walseth at Digi-Key has gotten us all the electronic components that we need.
But we also need:
- Watch bands (probably 22mm NATO)
- Mechanical parts to assemble the top and bottom board (a sandwich with the battery in the middle)
I ordered this from Amazon for Michael:
It is a 4 pack of 22mm NATO bands for $13.99. That is $3.50 each. This seems not be a good value. We need to source 300.
@Michael Welling found these 7mm standoffs on Amazon but quite expensive
That is 1,000 pieces for $160. $0.16 each. We need 4x 300 so 1,200.
Also, we not certain what standoff is best. We are making a "sandwich" with top PCB, LiPo battery and bottom PCB:
- 01/23/2020 at 18:47 • 0 comments
- 01/23/2020 at 18:35 • 0 comments
01/21/2020 at 18:40 •
Featured on Hackaday:
Thanks @Michael Welling for creating the pull requests.
Michael, Alex and SparkFun should be receive by the end of this week:
PCBs from OSH Park, Stencils from OSH Stencils, parts from DigiKey.
01/17/2020 at 14:25 •
@Michael Welling got page added for the badge:
- Add support for OHS2020 Badge #103: https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit_nRF52_Bootloader/pull/103
- Ohs2020 badge page #377: https://github.com/adafruit/circuitpython-org/pull/377
- Ohs2020 badge initial support #2528 https://github.com/adafruit/circuitpython/pull/2528
Now on the Circuit Python website:
01/16/2020 at 00:54 •
This project has been registered as certified Open Source Hardware:
01/16/2020 at 00:45 •
Here is the current render from KiCad:
01/14/2020 at 17:02 •
Thanks to @Anool Mahidharia for adding the LCD and ribbon cable!
01/13/2020 at 10:31 •
Thanks so much to @Michael Welling for finishing routing the badge.
Michael used 2 layers for the initial prototypes so we can fab them faster. There are only 8 weeks left until the Open Hardware Summit on March 13th.
For those without KiCad:
OSH Park renders:
Here is PDF of layer preview from OSH Park:
ZIP of the layer renders:
OSH Park shared project has hi res top and bottom render:
01/12/2020 at 19:22 •
Thanks to @Anool Mahidharia for getting more 3-D models into the KiCad design:
Here is the current render:
@Michael Welling is continuing to work on the layout: