The different functionalities I have in mind for the project have already been coded and tested in different shapes and form. I did this because I wanted to see first if what I wanted to do was feasible. Luckily, they are.
What I have so far:
- Can now connect to local network WiFi
- Can now display text on the ST7735 LCD screen
- Can now communicate and send commands to and from the Python script control panel running on my computer(This script handles the integration with my router. I'm using my net parental control script to do this.)
- Can now accept button inputs using my tried and tested resistor ladder circuit
- Can now retrieve trivia questions from opentdb.com
All I need to do now is to combine these all together into a fully functioning system. There are still a lot to do but at least there are now fewer unknowns.