1How to add my robot on vigibot.com
- Create your Vigibot account on www.vigibot.com
- Click on "Management" and then "Add a Robot". Choose your robot name and robot password and submit. Keep them in mind you will need them in a few steps.
- Download the provided image vigimage.zip
- Unzip vigimage.zip and write the image vigimage.img on your micro SD card. (On Windows, you can use " HDD Raw Copy Tool ")
- Then open the /boot partition in the sd card.
- Modify "wpa_supplicant.conf" file according to your wifi network configuration. (Change the "Demo" SSID and the "Default" password to match your own Wi-Fi network)
- Modify "robot.json" according to the robot name and robot password you previously choose. ( Change the "Demo" login and the "Default" password)
- Install the sd card in your Raspberry pi with the camera installed and then power it up (Due to compilation process, the first boot take few minutes before robot to appear on the website: do not power off the Raspberry Pi during this time )
- Take a look at the server www.vigibot.com. Your robot should appear first in the robot list under "My robots". Voilà!
By default, you are the only one that can see your robot. Configure the permissions if you want to change it but keep in mind that doing so you are streaming live video as people do it on twitch and youtube live. You are responsible for the content you stream.
2Connect hardware on Your Raspberry Pi!
- The first pair of servomotors (camera pan and tilt servo) need to be connected to GPIO 5 and 6 of the raspberry pi.
- The second pair of servomotors (gripper) should be connected to GPIO 7 and 8.
- 360° endless servomotors to move the robot should be connected to GPIO 26 and 27.
- LEDs, lasers, buzzer, relay and other stuff like that should be connected to GPIO 16 to 23.
- For Arduino users, you can also choose to connect an Arduino or another microcontroller to the Rasperry pi using UART GPIO 14 and 15. A simple arduino code for vigibot serial communication is provided here.
You can now play with your robot and share access on it to your friend if you want! :)If needed, you can customize your configuration => All these default configuration can be changed to match with your own robot set up. You can use as many servomotors as you want, and if not using 360° endless servomotors (or a board converting standard DC servo to 360° endless servomotors ), you can set it up to drive dc motors with L298n board, L9110 board or even PCA9865 board...
If you need more information you can check : => The vigibot forum where you can ask your question either in english or in french. => The vigibot github where you can find source files and more details if you want install all by yourself instead of using the provided image. => If we are online you can directly use the vigibot chat => Or the vigibot discord
You can also follow us on twitter and facebook =)