Earlier this month I did my second live twitter demo. I ran a poll on Twitter and let the vibrator intensity reflect the poll results. Likes/retweets made the vibrator turn on for 10 or 30 seconds, respectively. Here's the code. Here's the twitter thread.
It was a lot of fun! This experiment struck a chord with people, apparently, because the vibrations just kept on coming. I should have saved the "amount of time vibrated" variable to EEPROM, so I could replace the battery and keep going all night long, but sadly I didn't do that. Still, the project was interesting enough to get written up multiple times:
- Mashable: "Twitter-controlled anal vibrators are the cyberpunk future we need"
- Dazed: "This vibrating buttplug can be controlled by strangers on Twitter"
- Корреспондент (Russian): "Немец сделал анальную пробку, которой могут управлять пользователи Twitter"
- SexTechGuide: "$1 Wi-Fi connected vibrator buzzes when people interact with tweets"
- InsideHook: "You Could Let Strangers on Twitter Control Your Vibrating Butt Plug"
- Mic: "This guy is letting his Twitter followers control his vibrating butt plug"
- Comic Sands: "Guy Invents WiFi Anal Vibrator Where The Intensity Is Determined By A Twitter Poll—And The Future Is Now"