The Mk. II version of the rotors will feature a custom electronics board. @Georges Oates Larsen has completed the schematic and the board layout is forthcoming. We wanted to post it here to here to see if anyone had some feedback they'd like to contribute.
The Mk. II electronic board features:
- ESP32 WROOM (same as Mk. I)
- Primary vehicle power (supplied via brushes)
- Secondary power from on-board batteries (2) 1S power packs in series (for balance)
- Charges the on-board batteries from primary vehicle power
- Seamlessly switch to backup power if primary power fails
The board layout should be done shortly and if all goes well, we'll have our first boards built in early 2020.