There were various motivations for building this:
- To test a bunch of chips I bought from eBay and AliExpress
- To allow me to check my understanding of the functioning of certain interesting and rarely mentioned logic chips.
- To learn something about Arduinos
- To learn about EasyEda
- To have some fun getting a PCB made up (not having to etch it myself like the old days)
- Nostalgia - I built something with a similar function at university in 1984 but it was a much bigger physically and hooked up to a BBC PC.
This was not intended to be a chip identification tool as I can read that off the top of the device, but more about testing and learning.
Full details can be found on...
- github - https://github.com/Johnlon/integrated-circuit-tester/blob/master/README.md
- easyeda - https://easyeda.com/john.lonergan.sharing/integrated-circuit-tester