Tic Tac® mint is delivered in a high quality container, unlike the old days. The box is cheap, and readily available. The box is currently made out of polypropylene (PP):
- translucent but not transparent
- PP floats on water
- good resistance to chemicals and bacterial growth
It's a shame to throw this wonderful box away once it served its original purpose. Let's upcycle!
In Belgium, Tic Tac® is delivered in at least two sizes : 49g and 16g. The 16g will be used here.
- Outer dimensions : 73.0 x 46.1 x 14.1 mm
- Maximum PCB dimensions : 65.5 x 40.0 x 11.0 mm
- Alternative PCB dimensions (will be fixed in lower part of the housing) : 40.0 x 42.4 x 11.0 mm
A few months later
Two of these tic-tac boxes are cracked because of accidentally stepping onto them. In the future I might use the little PP-spice boxes as sold by Delhaize. You can stand on them and they will not break. The lid comes off without the use of a screw driver. The label can also easily be removed. Outer dimensions : 84 x 50 x 21 mm
Another option would be to use the Woogie mints Tutti Frutti 16g box (Asalam Supermarkt Kortrijk). The PCB would have to be redesigned because the housing is quite small : 58 x 40 x 17 mm. This box also withstands the impact of an adult stepping onto it.