Learning FreeCAD is a part of this process. In my first iteration, I used some primitive solids, but then scrapped that and moved to a completely sketch based approach.
The PCB for this keyboard is BFO-9000. Snapping it off to 5x7. Currently, plate is complete.
I started out reading the datasheet for cherry switches. I made a mistake in conversion of the units, which I only found out after I printed the plate. The fix was just changing the value of the radius.
After that, I had my first semi-successful print. The dimensions were perfect, but the print got stuck too hard on the plate. and the top visible layers broke during removal.