I forgot the USB drive at home so debugging will have to wait. Last night I:
- Tried resetting the config. Used auto-detect to configure WAN
- As soon as LAN settings are saved, the system crashes
- Reinstalled pfSense, reconfigured as above but only WAN.
- Restarted, then the install wouldn't load. I got numerous errors including drive detatched and periph destroyed. Subsequent restarts just hang with the same errors.
- This might be
- So I tried loading the drive on my OSX machine and it was unrecognizable - still need to test this (below)
- Tried upgrading RAM - no success. First 2x2GB, then 2x512MB. Neither worked.
- So I tried clearing/resetting CMOS to ensure the hardware was being recognized. No fix.
In addition to the previous TODOs (some of which I have completed), here are some more:
- Test continuity in Dupont header to USB Female connector
- Prep hard drives for 2.5" drive install (I think I'm done with using USB to boot.)
- Move files to 3.5" drive and partition 2.5" to isolate logs/data from OS
- Look into the CSM settings as described here.
- Collect TODOs into a (singular post to follow)