Single board for controlling 2.7 inch epaper displays. Load Images from micro SD card. The controller chip is a msp430g2553 from TI with a 32khz external crystal .Compact 3D printed frame for the 2.7 inch epaper display.
- Light compact 3d print design with magnets.
- Use a single CR2032 coin cell that will last longer than a year.
- Put image files on SD card (SD card needs to reformatted).
- Setup files to set update frequency and more.
- Easy to reprogram using a launchpad.
- Code is writing in Energia, a modified version of the Arduino IDE
Current software features
- Load Setup on startup.
- Intervals are set in 2 minute interval. For ones a day update use 720.
- Low Battery voltage detection.
- Display: 2.7 inch b/r/w epaper display. More detail here .
- MCU: Texas Instruments MSP430G2553IPW20R (TSSOP-20)
- 32.768 kHz crystal for accurate time keeping.
- Mirco SD card socket.
- 3.3v boosting using AAT1217-3.3. SD cards not happy with less voltages.
- The necessary components plus 24 Position FFC, FPC Connector for the epaper display.
- Extra reset switch and mode switch.
- Header to flash the MSP430 and serial (UART) for debugging.
- Standby current average 4.3 uA . When keeping time.
- Update power consummation aground 100 uAh . When refresh screen with new picture.
- Battery will easily last over a year if update once a day.
- Because of the SD card power spikes, need a good quality make and will not drain to empty before read failures.
Enjoy this project?