01/27/2022 at 09:12 •
Wed Jan 26 18:38:29 CET 2022
- Github: merged next branch into master.
- Setup page with some notes about ddPrint on a Anycubic I3 Mega (S): http://ibrieger.de/ddprint-anycubic-i3.html
- Uploaded new sensor housing stl's, reworked stl naming scheme (https://github.com/ErwinRieger/ddprint/tree/master/stl).
- Added simple install script (ddinstall.sh) and a script for firmware flashing (dd-fw-upload.sh).
- Added firmware blobs (firmware/build*/*.hex)
- Include ProtoThreads library (github.com/benhoyt/protothreads-cpp.git) into ddPrint repository for easier firmware build.
01/18/2022 at 09:45 •
Mon Jan 17 17:45:47 CET 2022
Committed the following changes into the next branch on github:
- Python3 port of ddPrint:
- Converting python files with 2to3 script.
- Fix integer divisions.
- Use bytes() and bytearray() instead of strings for binary data.
- Converted scripts and 'ddtool' utility to use python3.
- Ported ddPrint to Anycubic I3M printer:
- Pin changes for anycubic i3m.
- Add support for ATC Semitec 104GT thermocouple.
- Rework temperature measurement: allow different thermocouple types for heated bed and hotend.
- Homing: add support for additional Z1 stepper motor and endstop.
- Homing: implement dual-z homing.
- Adjust getendstops command for the additional Z-endstop.
- Control mainboard cooling fan (anycubic i3m).
- Changed initial baudrate to 500 kbaud, 1 Mbaud is to fast for Anycubic i3m.
- Auto-baudrate: added new printer profile setting 'baudRateLimit' for the Anycubic i3m (it does not work with 1 Mbaud baudrate).
- Rework and cleanup ddPrint scripts: Added workaround for a problem with the linux cp210x driver used for the Anycubic i3m (CP2102 usb-serial chip): avoid reset of printer on device-open (cp210x seems to toggle DTR line even if '-hupcl' is used).
- Ported ddPrint to Anycubic I3M printer:
- Other changes:
- Environment: renamed env. var $DDDEVICE to $DDPRINTDEV.
- Firmware build: Set ARDUINO_PORT from DDPRINTDEV environment var.
- Added new command "continuosmove" for testing, allow simple movements of the printer (without homing) for debugging/initial setup. Note: no acceleration and no endstop-check - dangerous.
- Removed unused baudrate commandline switch.
- Cleanup handling of printer-device ($DDPRINTENV).
- Firmware: moved pins include files into its own folder.
- Improved plot_mat_profile.py scipt: use python-argparse, display more information.
01/17/2022 at 17:59 •
Sat Jan 1 10:45:26 CET 2022
Merged next into master, biggest change: ported ddPrint to use python3.
01/17/2022 at 17:26 •
Thu Dec 30 14:53:31 CET 2021
- Merged python3 port into next branch.
- Restructured project, moved test gcode files into it's own repository: https://github.com/ErwinRieger/ddprint-test-gcode.
- Build: cleanup Makefiles, added license and moved firmware Makefiles into its own folder. Moved common makefile stuff into makefile-include files.
12/21/2021 at 13:50 •
- Describe material profiles in more detail.
- Describe automatic material profile measurement, determine *into-air* and *printing* volumetric flowrate data.
- Update section about temperature-limiter.
- Update section about flowrate-limiter.
- Added more pictures and data plots.
- Auto-temp: fix "workingpoint" commandline parameter, it worked the wrong way.
- Preload: test another way to compute amout of data to pre-download to the printer, simply count small moves.
- Some cleanup.
12/07/2021 at 09:59 •
Did some project updates on github.com:ErwinRieger/ddprint:
* Some smaller code fixes and code cleanup.
* plot_mat_profile script: cleanup and improved display
of material profiles.
* Documentation update (README):
+ Update section about auto-temp feature.
+ Added information in flowratesensor section.
+ Added flowratesensor details section.
+ Added information in material profile section, added some example plots.
+ Added example plots of material profiles.
+ Added more images.
11/16/2021 at 00:28 •
Added explanatory asciinema screencasts for the following ddPrint commands:
* ddprint getstatus (shortform: ddprint stat), https://ibrieger.de/ddprint-3d-printer-firmware.html#getstatus
* ddprint top, https://ibrieger.de/ddprint-3d-printer-firmware.html#top
* ddprint mon, https://ibrieger.de/ddprint-3d-printer-firmware.html#mon
10/19/2021 at 20:35 •
Drafted a page with some notes about installing ddPrint on an
Ender5 (pro): ibrieger.de/ddprint-ender-5.html.
10/15/2021 at 16:48 •
Merged *next branch* into master with the following changes:
Porting ddprint to Ender5 (pro):
* Changes for the Creality melzi board (atmega1284p based).
* Added thermistor table for epcos 100k ntc.
* Declared IO-pins in firmware/pins_ender3.h
* Rework homing:
+ use feedrate and direction for homing from printerprofile.
+ Move away from nozzle after z is homed (for printers that
home at z=0. This is to avoid scratching over the bed when
homing X and Y.
+ Homing: added "4 point mode" for ender.
* Added new script *thermistor_table.py* to generate thermistor
* Host: rework *getstatus* and *mon* commands.
* Host: filament profile measurement:
+ measure2: increase printing speed with fixed
temperature while monitoring feeder grip.
+ measure2: changes to reduce heating effect of
heated bed, start measurement on fifth layer.
+ specify minimum grip value on commandline (instead of
+ write measured material profile to ./mat-profile2.add.
* Host, *removefilament* command: changed feeding
sequence to avoid filament plug.
* Host, Experimental: added *reconnect* command.
To reconnect to a running printer, works after
download is complete, but not if disconnected
while downloading stepper data.
* Host: Added *ddprint version* command.
* Firmware: cleanup flowrate measurement,
measure short moves, too.
* Firmware: added CmdGetVersion command.
* Firmware, Makefile: new target *make gitversion.cpp*
* Firmware: set printer state to idle if steppers are
disabled (cmd *disablesteppers*).
* Firmware: Update to SdFat-1.1.4 library (USE_SD_CRC enabled).
* Firmware: Rework mass storage erase: new commands CmdGetCardSize
and CmdErase. Call erase before printing.
* Firmware: Sd card init: retry up to 5 times.
* Many smaller fixes/improvements
10/15/2021 at 13:02 •
* Rotated design to shorten filament path between
feeder gear wheel and rotary encoder for better response.
* Made it i bit more compact.
STL files are here: github.com/ErwinRieger/ddprint/tree/master/stl